Thursday, July 21, 2016

Summer Retro Game and Movie List - An Abridged Armada Chronology

While more cerebral types publish summer reading lists (you know who you are), I'm opting for an easier way out. Summer is half over and there's not enough time to squeeze in all that reading if you haven't started yet! Instead I offer a list of retro video games and 80's and 90's movies based on a list found in Ernst Cline's Armada, which was compiled by the protagonist's lost father under the heading of "Chronology." In the story, the Chronology is provided as circumstantial evidence pointing to a vast government-entertainment complex conspiracy to covertly prepare and train the populace to fight in a coming alien invasion. Sounds plausible. But even if you don't subscribe, that's no excuse to avoid this historical retrospective in the last few remaining weeks of summer.


I'm updating the list with my thoughts, experiences and links as I work my way through it. If you play along, please leave me a comment on the list page.


No comments: