Sunday, March 10, 2019

Schematic

Worked on a schematic this weekend ahead of adding more components to the circuit. I decided to include a buffer to grab the 8-bit address when the Atari executes a STA $D5xx instruction. I figure I can use the 8-bits to add some features or make the protocol simpler.
Excerpt of the schematic showing the Atari 8-bit cartridge edge connector, address and data buses, and decoder logic.

I use the free "maker" version of Autodesk Eagle. Here are the Eagle libraries used in the design:

  • Atari 800 parts, including a cartridge board, is at AtariAge
  • Arduino Nano pinout/footprint on Github
  • NodeMCU (esp8266 board) pinout/footprint on Github.
  • 74xx-eu built-in libary. This library had the HCT logic family where the US version did not. I'm not sure that really matters, but just in case....
I am grateful to the generosity of the individuals and organizations who make the tools and information freely available for hobbyist and maker use. That makes fun hardware projects like this possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment